Monday, June 16, 2008

Content or discontent?

Tues June 17, 08
I Kings 21 pg 408
Content or discontent?
Sin will take me down if I don’t pay attention. Paul was content in prison but Ahab was discontented in a place. This is just like it is today. Sometimes it doesn’t matter how much we have we’re not happy, we only want more. And then some people that don’t want so much seem to be happier. This is the same for Christians & no Christians alike. We need to be happy with our selves. Christ can’t make us happy unless we let him. This world seems to be moving way too fast.
Colossians 3 pg1320
Put to death the earthly nature and put on love.
I need to get rid of anger, rage, malice, slander, & filthy language & not lie. Some of this is easier said than done. When I get mad I think & say things that are not nice & right away I as for forgiveness but I shouldn’t have too cause I know better than to do this in the first place.
V 15- “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.”
If I was doing this, my life would be so much easier & I would get more blessings from God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home