Wisdom
Sun May 18, 08
I Kings 3;5-15 pg 379
Wisdom
God appeared to Solomon in a dream saying, “Ask for whatever you want me to give you.” How would I answer that question? I’m sure it would be in a earthly way & not have anything to do with Spiritual. But Solomon gave thanks right away. Would I be smart enough to do this? David ask for discernment in administering justice. God gave Solomon a wise & discerning heart & what he didn’t ask for which were riches & honor & long life.
Psalm 78:11-25 pg 659
Teach the children the deeds of the Lord
God did many things for the Israelites (but they continued to sin against him), and they are to be passed down for generations so we will all know of his love for us. This should help us to keep his commandments so we can stay true to God.
II Thessalonians 2 pg 1329
Don’t be lazy & a busybody
Do we really love the truth & believe it. We should always thank God for our church family that stands with us in our times of need.
When in grief read V16, May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, 17 encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home