Divorces, why do we marry?
Fri May 2, 08
Psalm 106:1-12 pg 679
Happiness of God’s people
Weather I’m happy or not God should get the glory for the entire blessing I have gotten. I think this will make me a blessing to others & God. God’s people have reason to be cheerful, & shouldn’t envy others. I’m encouraged to have hope & that God won’t forget me. Thru God, Jesus & the Hole Spirit I won’t perish.
Matthew 19 pg 1088
Divorces, why do we marry?
How sad it is today that so many marriages are based on lust (sex) & not real love. We should be in love with the person we marry. Now I see why we have so much trouble with Jesus, we are not in love with him, but just love him like we do our cars. I think the churches are missing the boat on this one big time. Couples should be counseled a lot before getting married. God wants us to be happily married & not the mess we seem to have today. When the gospel is embraced, it makes us good relatives & friends; & teaches us to bear the burdens with our loved ones & to consider their happiness more than our own. Before we get married we should be in earnest prayer & be serious about it & realize that it is till death do us part.
I don’t believe in just living with a person but it does have one advantage. You get to know each other before the commitment of marriage is made. Not that that helps much!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home