Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Die to sin/live to God

Sun May 25, 08
I Kings 11:1-13 pg 392
Solomon’s idolatrous wives
We are just like Solomon: we worship things & think we have to have every new thing that comes along. Sometimes we will have to forfeit things & turn to God in order to get a blessing spiritual or otherwise.
When I see how weak I am in myself without the grace of God; let me therefore live in constant dependence on that grace he gives me.
Romans 6 pg 1257
Die to sin, live to God
I can’t live to sin & God both. Baptism teaches that I have to die to sin & to walk with God in the new life. The old man “bad nature” is crucified with Christ, in every believer.
All the evil must be done away with. I will always have unholy lust but it is what I do with them that count. I can't let them have any of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home