Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Blessed be the Lord

Sat May 31, 08
Proverbs 18 pg 725
Blessed be the Lord.
The Lord welcomes me to his throne, without money & without price. I always want to have room for him in my heart. I hope I’m a blessing to Larry. Christ Jesus never will forsake those who trust in & love him. May we be such friends to others, for God’s sake. Christ loves me to the end & I’m his friend if I do whatever he commands.
Romans 12 pg 1264
Living sacrifices to God

Mercy is given to me every day from God. I am to give myself to God, all I am, all I have, all I can do, so it is acceptable to God, my service that I give. I should be dying to sin more each day & living to righteousness more each day till I’m perfect in Christ. I can’t conform to this world but be transformed. The work of the Holy Ghost starts in the understanding, & goes on to my will, affections, & conversation, till there is a change of the whole me into the likeness of God, in knowledge, righteousness, & true holiness. Thus, to be godly, is to give up myself to God.
That is harder to do than it sounds!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home