Take care of Ministers
Mon March 24, 08
Joshua 20 pg 259
Cities of refuge
I take it that this is God as my refuge! The city (God, the Word) is the place I go to, to get strength, wisdom & be secure. In the house of God there should be someone to instruct me, & pray for me, & to help me make up my mind if I need it. The names of the cities in Joshua mean something. Kedesh, holy, refuge in the holy Jesus. Shechem shoulder; government is upon his shoulder. Hebron, fellowship, believers called into the fellowship of Christ Jesus or Lord. Bezer, a fortification, for he is a strong hold to all those that trust in him. Ramoth, high or exalted, for Him hath God exalted with his own right hand. Golan, joy or exultation, for in Him all the saints are justified, and shall glory.
I Corinthians 9 pg 1277
Take care of Ministers
Ministers should get enough pay from their church that they don’t have to work other places, but sometime they have to have another job. It is the people's duty to maintain their minister. It is the glory of a minister to deny himself, that he may serve Christ and save souls. But when a minister gives up his right for the sake of the gospel, he does more than his charge and office demands. Doing good is the study & business of his life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home