Pray for deliverance
Sun April 6, 08
Ruth 3 pg 298
Ruth follows Naomi’s advice
Naomi advised Ruth according to the laws of their time & country. Boaz told Ruth what to do to feed herself & Naomi. Boaz had respect for Naomi & soon respected Ruth. Boaz told Ruth what to do to get married again. His conduct call for the highest praise, he could have taken advantage of Ruth but didn’t. When we let God help us pick our mate’s life is easier. Marriage should be entered into with great seriousness, & lots of prayer for direction, for the blessing of God.
Psalm 64 pg 649
Pray for deliverance
Our little tongues can cause a lot of trouble! It’s bad to do wrong, & worse to get another into it also. It’s a sign that the heart is hardened to the greatest degree, when it’s set to do evil. I need to be careful what I say. People who are wicked don’t know the knowledge of God. We should not be glad in the ruin of others.
I should rejoice in Christ because of who he is & what he does for me.
II Corinthians 6 pg 1290
Faithful in ministry
The gospel is a word of grace to our ears & salvation & I don’t want to neglect it.
I’m one of God’s servants & I want to do things pleasing to God. Believers, in this world, need the grace of God, to arm them against temptations, so as to bear the good report of men without pride. I have nothing in myself, but have all things in Christ. The gospel, when faithfully preached, & fully received, betters the condition even to the worst. It is wrong for believers to join with the wicked or those who don’t believe in God. Pastors should caution their beloved flock, not to be unequally yoked. When I neglect the Scriptures it affects my marriage in a bad way & the rest of my life also. I should not join in friendship with unbelievers. I can’t completely avoid being with them, but I don’t choose them for friends.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home