Thursday, April 24, 2008

God is righteous/just

Wed April 16, 08
I Samuel 18:12-16 pg 324
Saul was afraid of David
The Lord was with David & not Saul. When we have triumphs we then have troubles & this is a sign that the Spirit is at work in our lives & that Satan doesn’t like the Godly Spirit.
Psalm 11 pg 616
God is righteous & just

If I fear God & serve him, I can put my trust in him. Do I really fully trust God? I say I do but do I? What did I do before I had God? If God is in the word (God is the word) then his Spirit is in the living saints. If God afflicts us then is it for a trial & my good? The evil people will prosper for a while; they will forever die in Hell. God is a holy God, & therefore hates them. God is a righteous Judge & will punish them. The last call to repentance is about to be addressed; judgment is at hand; through the gloomy shade of death you pass into the region of eternal wrath. Hasten then, O sinner, to the cross of Christ. How stands the case between God & our souls? Is Christ my hope, my consolation, my security?
Matthew 3 pg 1067
The baptism of Jesus
Christ is so gracious that even the strongest believer at times can hardly believe him. I need to ask God for more. John thought Jesus should baptize him, but Jesus had John to baptize him. Christ opens the heavens to the children.
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance. At Christ's baptism there was a manifestation of the three Persons in the sacred Trinity. The Father confirming the Son to be Mediator; the Son solemnly entering upon the work; the Holy Spirit descending on him, to be through his mediation communicated to his people. In Him our spiritual sacrifices are acceptable, for He is the altar that sanctifies every gift.
Out of Christ, God is a consuming fire, but in Christ, a reconciled Father. This is the sum of the gospel, which we must by faith cheerfully embrace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home