Faith/Hope/Love
Fri March 28, 08
Judges 4 pg 272
Our victory
If I go against God in prosperity I will find myself seeking him in trouble. If we choose other gods (idolatry) do we worship Satan? Satan will hinder us & try to keep us from drawing near to the throne of grace.
God will protect those who are most exposed & help us weak ones,
We need to be offering up thanks for our salvation. God will give justice to our enemies. We have victory with God all the time.
I Corinthians 13 pg 1281
Faith, hope & love
Faith – without it I would find it hard to have hope & love. We need to have faith in some thing, I chose to get my faith from God. Faith fixes on the Divine revelation & relies on the Divine Redeemer.
Hope clings to future happiness, & waits for it, but in heaven, faith will be swallowed up in sight & enjoyment. There is no room to believe & hope, when we see & enjoy.
Charity, love - I can be giving but it needs to come from a charitable loving heart. Our giving that doesn’t come from the heart is just giving & that’s all. I don’t give to get honor, or worldly pleasure.
If more that profess to be a Christian were more under his Divne principle they would be better off. God is love. Where God is to be seen as he is, there charity is in its greatest & that is perfect.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home