Do I know how to pray
Sat April 19, 08
Psalm 17 pg 618
Integrity, do we have it?
This psalm is a prayer. Feigned prayers are fruitless; but if our hearts lead our prayers, God will meet them with his favor. I always expect God to notice my prayers. Does he?? Yes, but sometimes the answers are longer in coming that what I want & sometimes the answer is NO! Watching my tongue will show good evidence of my integrity. If we carefully avoid the paths of sin, it will be to our favor. David prayed, O Lord, by your have save me from evil men, from men of the world whose reward is in this life. V 14
Matthew 6 pg 1070
How to pray
Christ showed his disciples the method of their prayer. I need to show honor to God when we pray & then give my concerns, both worldly & spiritual. V 9-13 - Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven. After the things of God’s glory, kingdom, & will we pray for the needful supports & comforts of this present life. Give us today our daily bread. We ask for bread; that teaches us honesty & integrity & not for what we don’t need. We ask for our daily bread; that teaches us constantly to depend on Divine Providence. Forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven or debtors. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. We are taught to hate sin while we hope for mercy, to distrust ourselves, to rely on the grace of God to keep us from it & be prepared to resist Satan. Here is a promise. If you forgive, your heavenly Father will also forgive. We must forgive, as we hope to be forgiven. If I want to find mercy with God, I must show mercy to others. Christ came into the world as the great Peace-maker, not only to reconcile us to God, but one to another.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home