Thursday, April 24, 2008

David kills Goliath

Tue April 15, 08
I Samuel 17 pg 312
David kills Goliath

We need to be careful in our zeal & readiness to go further for God that we aren’t blamed as pride & ambition for ourselves. Sometimes it’s a trial of our meekness, patience & constancy even if we have right on our side. We will be talked about in a bad way by those from that we would think would support us. We must go on with our work, in the face of our enemies' threats, & of friends' slights & suspicions. We can’t let others ‘kill’ us as David did Goliath.
Psalm 9 pg 614
David praises God for protecting his people

Our praise shouldn’t be in just the gift but in the Giver. God will judge me according to truth, & with him this is no unrighteousness. I can go to God by my faith & depend on his power & promise for safety, so that no real hurt will be done to me. I can rejoice in his word of promise, & rest on that & trust him with my soul. God will not forsake me when I seek Him. I want all to praise God with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home