Thursday, February 21, 2008

My favorite Psalm/Divine assurance of safety

Wed. Feb 20, 08
Psalm 23
pg 623
My favorite Psalm
This tells me that my God cares for me more than I will ever know. That God gives me quiet & contentment of mind. The Holy Spirit is the still waters. He guides me in the paths of his righteousness. The shadow of death is the trouble in my life. Past experience teaches believers to trust that the goodness and mercy of God will follow them all the days of their lives & to seek their happiness in the service of God here, & hope to enjoy his love forever in heaven. While here, the Lord can make any situation pleasant, by the anointing of his Spirit & the joys of his salvation.
Acts 27 pg 1247
Divine assurance of safety
I don’t know what storms are ahead so I shouldn’t take for granted that I have arrived till I get to heaven. When sinners give up all hope of saving themselves, they are prepared to understand God’s word, & to trust in his mercy thru Jesus Christ. If I repent God will speak comfort & relief. When I get into trouble it’s because I go against his good advice. God is a help always & a comfort. No storms will hinder me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home