Monday, February 11, 2008

Creation/Law

Mon. Feb 4, 08
Psalm 19
V 1 Do the heavens & skies speak out or is it just by being there? What is the difference between the heavens & skies?
V 3 Does this mean they don’t talk or can’t talk? They are works of God’s hands that is powerful & eternal. The changing from day to nite is proof of God’s power. The Holy Scripture is of much more benefit to me than day or night, than the air I breathe, or the light of the sun.
For me to stay out of Hell I need God’s word, which is law. God’s word tells me to turn from my wicked way to to turn to God & then be righteous & not turn from him. Then there is a reward in keeping God’s law. God makes my life sweet, my crosses easier, & death desirable. I should pray, “May the words of my mouth & the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.”
Acts 11
V 1-18
Even today we are prejudiced against other churches, which challenges our biases. Peter goes out prepared with witnesses. Sometimes we get too zealous about our own church & believes & think we are the only ones right.
V 19-26 When I go out telling the good new about Jesus, God will be with me & lives will be changed. The disciples were called Christians first at Antioch.V
27-30 Now days we‘ve made the gov. responsible for meeting the needs of people all over the world. Antioch's example, then, raises a question: How much personal responsibility do I feel for the needs of others, especially the church in the World? We can’t meet every need that we hear of, we can still do something to help some

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home