Friday, February 1, 2008

Aaron/golden calf. Moses grinds it to dust

Fri. Feb. 1, 08
Exodus 32
The people were tired of waiting on Moses so they an expensive golden calf. They did not draw back on account of the cost of their idolatry; but we do on the expenses of our churches. They offered sacrifice to this idol, what is my idol? In God we see nothing but what is pure and pleasing; in the world nothing but what is sinful. It might appear an idol is nothing in the world, Moses ground the calf to dust. Was mixing this powder with their drink, showing that the backslider in heart should be filled with his own ways? (Ex 32:21-29)
Acts 8
Soul, Philip, Simon
V 1-3 If I’m persecuted at my own church I might leave & go to another one but that doesn’t mean leave God!
V 9-25 Some sins like pride, ambition, and desire in a (big way), have always caused lots of mischief, both to the world & church. People will hear me if Christ is in me & the gospel preached will have an effect. All are not saved or converted who profess to believe the gospel.
V 8:14-25 I believed before I was saved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home